Tomorrow (June 30th) is officially Vegan Pizza Day! As if any of us needs an excuse to eat more pizza, right?
I’m sure all you pizza lovers out there have been planning your Pizza Day shenanigans for a while, but just in case the day managed to sneak up on you, here are some ideas for celebrating:
- Try my spelt pizza dough or spice things up with a chili pizza covered in vegan queso.
- Make an unusual pizza such as The Vegan Swedes’ Potato Pizza or the Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Pizza from Bev Cooks.
- Check out the Pizza category on VegWeb for a whole host of other pizza ideas.
- Invite your friends over for a build-your-own pizza party.
- Call up your local pizzeria and ask them to consider offering vegan options!
And, of course, Vegan Pizza Day is the perfect excuse to pick up a copy of Heart Healthy Pizza, which I still can’t say enough good about. With all these pizza possibilities, you’re sure to find something that strikes your fancy.
What are you doing for Vegan Pizza Day? Me, I’m headed to X’s to O’s Vegan Bakery for a pizza-day-themed brunch!