(Don’t forget the Mini Pops popped sorghum snack giveaway! It’s running through Saturday, so there’s still plenty of time to get your entries in.)
I threw these together the other day and had to share for two reasons. One, I haven’t had a s’more in about a zillion years, and two, I bought ninja-shaped cookie cutters in Northamption last week and was inspired to make graham crackers. Yep, ninja grahams. Of course, I’ll have to use them to make their namesake “ninjabread men” at some point, but Mom wanted graham crackers and I wanted ninja-shaped cookies. So ninja grahams it was! I used the recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, substituting a bit of maple syrup for the sugar.
I honestly have no idea why it never occurred to me to make a s’more in the oven before. It’s a great quick dessert for when you’re craving that traditional gooey, chocolatey summertime treat but aren’t anywhere near a campfire. I used Ricemellow Creme for the marshmallow part, but you could probably use Dandies, too, if you left it under the broiler a little longer. Just keep an eye on it. Flaming marshmallows might be fun outdoors, but in the oven they’re just messy. Warning: these are addictive! (Real warning: the filling will be hot when you take this out from under the broiler, so you might want to wait a minute before trying to bite into it.)
- 1 graham cracker, broken in half (or two groovy homemade ninja crackers)
- 1 Tbsp Ricemellow Creme
- handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Spread the Ricemellow Creme onto one half of the graham cracker.
- Add the chocolate chips, distributing as evenly as possible.
- Place the graham cracker on a piece of aluminum foil or an oven-safe plate and stick it under the broiler until the chips are melty and the Ricemallow Creme is beginning to brown and bubble.
- Carefully remove the cracker from the oven, top with the second cracker, and enjoy!